Monday, June 8, 2009

Optimisim

Ok being optimistic has never been one of my finer traits..... I always see the glass half empty rather then half full.... I am trying so hard to be optimistic about these little monkeys... I am praying for them and loving them the best way I can right now.... It is so frustrating that all I can do is lay here and wait .... Did I mention I am not very patient either:( Ahhh anyway.... Today I started reading about prematurity and what to expect and prepare for..I had to stop I know that is part of my future probably but want to delay that pain as long as possible.... Reading about them sticking my babies with tubes and such breaks my heart already and can not imagine having to deal with that when thery are here and hurting... So instead I cried and prayed put away the book and turned on my ipod... I had read last night on my 20 week update that they now respond to touch and can hear.... So we had a little ipod session and it was fun to feel them move and stroke my belly and imagine what they are doing in there......I am determined to try to stay positive and keep them in here as long as I can ..... I love these monkeys so much and can not wait till they are here safe and sound.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for optimism! i know it's hard, but it really does help you feel better! i am impatient too, so i understand (somewhat :) ). keep doing what you are doing and love and pray for your "monkeys" :)

bre said...

Katie-
I just want to reassure you that being preemie is not the end of the world :) I was born at 25 weeks and my best friend Ruth (Ruthie or Hope Now on SS) was born at 27 weeks.
And that was 30 and 38 years ago, respectively.
I have never had any cognitive or learning problems. Neither has she. And the technology is so much greater now.
Its not ideal, but it there are worse things.
Love in Christ,
Bre

kconsoletti said...

Thanks Bre.... I guess you only hear the bad stories and not the good..............